Modular MES to address your entire workflow
MillTools 2.0 brings you a complete and integrated system of software for orders, production, finishing, inventory, shipping and reporting
Multiple manufacturing packages
MillTools 2.0 provides scalability by allowing you to add only those manufacturing packages to the base system that correspond to your operations:
Pulp and coproduct production
Paper, paperboard and tissue production
Converting and extruding operations
All data input automatically and manually updates and populates databases and user displays to eliminates duplicate entries and reduce operator error. A base system maintains all production and application data in an open relational database, which can be accessed by mill or corporate information systems.
Configuration for your mill
Product Target enables the paper mill to re-create products and grades inside MillTools 2.0, setting up associated tests with associated run targets and tolerances. And you can configure products for estimated weight.
Administrators create individual and/or group security access for all MillTools and TestCentral applications, as well as Panther Reports. Access can be application-specific. User rights also control specific functions within applications.
Panther customers use Mill Configuration is set up customer master files, configure mill-specific database options and apply settings to the various application options, aligning MillTools with the paper mill’s process and workflow.
Office and planning
The Order Entry module is used to create orders and manage all aspects of the order process.
- Create new orders
- Modify existing orders
- Copy existing orders
- Credit check capability
The Schedule module places the orders into a production queue with association to reel number and product/grade.
- Accepts external trim optimization schedule
- Provides local manipulation based on daily mill conditions
- Includes trim calculator to reduce trim waste
Order Manager is used to review and change the status of orders. Orders can be set to Active, Closed, Hold, Canceled, etc. Totals for ordered, produced and shipped weights are also provided.
The Order Browser allows authorized mill users to check order status.
- Tracks orders throughout the production and shipping process
- View results instantly over the mill Intranet
The Pattern Manager application works similarly to Order Manager, where you can set patterns to Closed, Completed, Hold, Not Run or Run.
Information such as Batch ID, total trim, status, planned sets verses produced sets, and product and grade type are also provided.
The Invoicing module creates customer invoices for manifests and orders, and includes credit and demo memos.
- Invoices can be edited, voided, and reversed
- Freight charges and rate adjustments can be applied to the invoice
- Full print and reprint capability available for all invoices
- Quick generation of custom invoices per individual user needs
The Winder application is used to select/modify patterns and adjust data for customer rolls/sets against orders on the production schedule inside MillTools.
- Real-time lineal footage
- Schedule modifications
- Creates barcode labels for rolls
- Allows pattern changes to optimize paper savings
The Scale module assigns the scale weight to rolls and creates the shipping unit labels.
- Assigns a shipping unit ID to rolls and prints the associated shipping unit label
- Records/updates roll movement to inventory locations
- Builds shipping units of single or multiple rolls, ribbons or pallets with a shipping label
- Compatible with RF or barcode readers to track rolls and sets across the scale station
Machine Downtime provides users with a user-friendly interface to record and review mill-configurable events by machine with multi-level hierarchy. Users may review and edit data in the application or display and export it using Panther’s reporting tools.
Daily Production Browser
The Daily Production Browser is used to view the shift’s machine production and mill production by machine, and shipments by weight or number of shipments per shift for a production day or production date range. It also provides a real-time snapshot of the current Winder Patterns screen.
Warehouse and logistics
Powerful tool to manage existing inventory.
- Track rolls and other shipping units by location
- Assign location to rolls and other shipping units
- Find them in any of your warehouses, storage areas and staging areas instantly
- Change roll status and dimensions
- Assign/reassign available shipping units to existing orders
- Conduct physical audits of warehouse contents to find and correct mistakes
The Load Planning module uses Load IDs to group inventory and plan shipments.
- Identifies a group of rolls and generates a Load ID
- Supports fixed — closed — loads or open ship-to load planning
- Directs the clamp truck driver, by means of the load ID, where to take the item — warehouse, bay, and/or vehicle
Use the Shipping application to track loading of vehicles and generate documentation for shipments.
- Tracks vehicle status and location inside your facilities
- Accepts electronic signatures of drivers
- Manages multiple shipping methods such as truck, rail, ship, customer pickup, etc.
- Integrates RF systems for managing roll movement from bay to bay, bay to shipping dock and loaded carriers
- Allows for manual tracking of rolls
- Includes Jockey Management and Carrier Management functions
Freight Reconciliation sets up and manages carrier freight rates and accounts.
- Freight rates – enter, edit and delete
- Manages charges and freight payments
- Creates accruals
The ReportsWeb is a delivery tool for retrieving and viewing system reports.
- Reports are accessible remotely via the Internet
- Selection and filtering of desired report information is easy to use
- Reports are delivered over the Intranet
This hardy package of hardcopy reports supplied by Panther to all MillTools customers.
Users can modify the reports, or have Panther provide customized versions to suit mill business requirements.
The Reports cover all aspects of the TestCentral and MillTools processes. For example, the Reports cover areas such as sales, scheduling, production, customer information, shipping and invoicing.
Panther can interface with any mill quality or control system that supports industry standard OPC technology. Panther has several OPC Client packages which provide the ability to bring data from these systems into Panther.
Paper Machine Interface
The PMI provides reel information such as grade, reel of the day, speed and trim. It also provides roll set information and profiles.
The PantherLink brings in process values from various OPC servers.
Panther Connector is a general-purpose interface which can communicate with quality control systems, visions systems and process controls. PantherConnector can be configured for a variety of interface applications where it can read from and send data to other systems via OPC servers.
Business Interface Module
The Panther Business Interface Module is a middleware program that supports business transaction information requirements. It includes a set of predefined tasks and table data that moves information between MillTools and external business systems.
Business information tasks such as orders, invoices, commissions, rebates, credits, returns, freight payments and freight accruals can be included.
Other Enterprise interfaces include standardized EDI, ERP systems and custom business programs.
This highly configurable solution automates scaling, wrapping, banding, labeling and routing of finished goods to increase productivity and free up mill and plant personnel to work where they are needed most.
Also, a highly configurable solution , PantherAutomation automates manufacturing and and finishing activities other than roll lines. These solutions may include everything from raw material movement to pulp bale production. The sky is the limit.
This quality tracking system used in the laboratory to record test data and associate all lab and quality profiles to production reels and as-built customer rolls and other produced items.
A process analysis application which combines quality, production and process data. Users can visualize, trend and analyze an unlimited number of tags, and conduct cause-and-effect analysis to solve quality and performance problems that occur during production.
The pulp and paper machine quality control system for MD, CD and grade control of paper production.
Service and support
Panther Systems supplies complete turnkey services from conception through start-up, plus continuing long-term support for installed systems.
Services include project management, analysis, custom software development, hardware architecture, installation, system configuration, database administration, training and consulting.
Support includes Panther;s 24/7/365 helpdesk, technical account management, automatic upgrades, onsite maintenance, system repairs and emergency response wherever we are needed.